In 2018 we were given the opportunity to collaborate with Positive Negatives. Our collaboration has focussed on the learning potential surrounding some of their animations and comics.
Each resource is based around an animation or comic and has been carefully produced to help educators bring the story to life and connect to the real life issues involved. Completed projects have explored:
- arriving in the UK as an unaccompanied young person (Dear Habib);
- the challenge of undocumented young people in the UK (There were signs/Ola);
- the human rights infringement of female genital cutting (Choosing a world free from female genital cutting).
- engaging with Human Rights and the Sustainable Development Goals (Drawing on Rights)
- exploring nature connectedness as a response to Climate Anxiety (Learning to Thrive)
In June 2022 we ran an educational workshop on crafting learning encounters about Migration and Human Rights as part of a Comi-Con event organised by Positive Negatives alongside the Royal Geographical Society, and SOAS.
In 2023 we are working with Positive Negatives to support a set of new animations with learning support materials. These projects will focus on water resources in the global south, on the Story of Migration and on the impacts of migrant labour on those who remain behind.
There are more exciting projects in the pipeline for 2024 too and we will update this page with links to any new resources we produce with Positive Negatives, but you can find out more about them as an organisation here.